Portrait of a BJD

Portrait of a BJD
Inmemoria 2016 LE 3

Monday, January 24, 2011

Pantomime BJD is done!
























My newest BJD is finished! I spent all day and way into the wee hours of the morning working on her. I hand dyed and aged all the fabrics yesterday for her costume. She is mostly fully costumed now...with the exception of little leather ballet flats I am working on for her. I had to pause for awhile, because I am exhausted!
I did manage to take some quick snapshots of her...the lighting was not ideal, but it gives you an idea of what she looks like and here is her story:
"Forgotten Columbina...an Automata Pantomime", she was made in France in 1798... but now she is a forgotten toy. Once she was dearly loved and treasured. Her face was bright and cheery! But then, one day her child stopped coming to see her...and as the years went by her once lovely, happy smile turned into a face of sorrow...and after more than a century, her paint started to run with the tears that she cries.
Update: I Got her shoes finished, but not until after she was already on her way to Florida...so she is down there shoeless...oh well...it's warm right?...I will add some silk ribbon to lace them up her calves as well...
If you are in Orlando, Florida...stop by the Rosen Shingle Creek and visit the IADR booth #322 to see her and many other dolls at the IDEX show...January 27-30. *See earlier blog posts for IDEX link.

5 comments:

Christel said...

shes wonderful! I love everything about her Kori. Her dress is beautiful too. Good luck at the IDEX show xoxo Christel

Papillon Bleu said...

Absolutely magical!!

The Pixie Knoll said...

Kori,

I love it! She is absolutely wonderful! I can not wait to see her in person. I imagine, if this is the one you are sending to IDEX, it will more than likely sell!

Turtle Child Studio said...

Thank you everyone! She is on her way to Florida right now for the IDEX show. Wish I could be there with her...my other bjd "Alice" will be there too! Hopefully friends will take lots of pics so I can see! I appreciate all your kind comments ladies!! ;-)

Wendygital said...

She's absolutely adorable! :-)