Portrait of a BJD

Portrait of a BJD
Inmemoria 2016 LE 3

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

IDEX update and new show date scheduled!

I regret to say I will not be attending IDEX after all. I will however be sending some work, not my gofun bjds however. I will be debuting them soon in the doll magazines. They should be available for purchase by February. Work has slowed on them some now, because I have been working on polymer bjds for the IDEX show. I have also come down with what seems to be pnuemonia, or a very bad chest cold! I was cleaning my studio after a sanding session of the gofun bjds...I always wear a mask when I sand but didn't when I cleaned my studio...I think I got the fine dust in my lungs. It may just be a cold (confined to my chest)...but I came down with it right after cleaning my studio...which leads me to believe the dust may have contributed to it. I need to come up with some contraption in my studio to lessen the dust floating around the studio. I have an air filter unit...and that lessened it some, but dust still settles on all the surfaces of my studio. I would sand in our garage, but it is so cold here...that is not an option. Any ideas anyone? I was thinking of a box with a screen attached to a vacuum hose...I don't know if this will work, but I am going to give it a try. I would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions.

Update: I signed up today to attend the Doll and Teddy Bear convention in Philadelphia, PA., May 12-14. I will publicly debut the 'Le Belle Poupee' gofun bjds there. I am excited to be attending this show, and am looking forward to meeting old friends and making new friends while there! If you are interested in attending this show, here is the link http://www.quinlanmuseum.com/convention/ I will post my booth location when I recieve that information! Hope to see you there!

No comments: