Portrait of a BJD

Portrait of a BJD
Inmemoria 2016 LE 3

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bjd Tutorial...available soon!











I have been working on a new Ball Joint Doll Tutorial that I will make available in my Etsy store. I am hoping to have it finished by the end of this month. It will be in pdf format on CD to view either on your computer or to print. So many people have emailed me about making their own polymer bjds, so I decided to make a shorter version of a book I am writing. I am writing a longer version of this process,it is a full size book actually...I have two publishers interested in it. I hope to have it finished by the end of this year and possibly published sometime in 2012. The book goes in depth about making your own bjds out of both polymer clay and air dry clays...with several types of joints and configurations of joints discussed. I will also have chapters on wigs, accessories and eyes. For about two years now I have been studying both the early french and now the modern japanese dolls. While working on my own bjds and seeing what works and what doesn't...I compiled quite a large notebook! I am sure it will take me some time to whittle all that compiled info down into a readable format!
If you are interested in either the tutorial or book and would like to be added to my mailing list to find out when either or both will be available you can email me at turtle.child@yahoo.com Thanks!--Kori

No comments: