Portrait of a BJD

Portrait of a BJD
Inmemoria 2016 LE 3

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A new tutorial for sale in my Etsy shop!







I have just listed a brand new tutorial in my Etsy store today. It is from my January 2011 class, "Sculpting the Realistic Baby". The tutorial is 138 pages and is available in pdf format on CD. You may view it on your computer or print it out as a book. It includes 60 pages of photos of real babies for reference, as well as anatomy charts, supply references, clay mix instructions and two patterns. One pattern is for the soft body for a pellet filled baby, and the other is a 1930's inspired costume for your baby including sundress, bonnet and booties. Follow along with me as I teach you to sculpt a fully sculpted polymer clay baby and a baby with a soft cloth body and poseable limbs.
I also have two other tutorials available in my Etsy shop..."Sculpting a Fairy Child" and my popular, "Making Glass-like Eyes for your OOAK Doll". I am currently working on another tutorial, "Sculpting a BJD in Polymer Clay"...this latest tutorial should be available by the end of February!

Stop by my Etsy store today to purchase these tutorials or any of my many tools, and doll artist supplies. I also carry museum reproduction fabrics!!

1 comment:

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hi, Kori
I just noticed you are in Dixie's Izannah Walker workshop. I'm in there too for her spring 2011 class and I have until August to finish my three dolls.
You are an incredible doll artist.
And I admire anyone who makes bjd's.
The more I study the technique of making them and see tutorials the more I understand the tedious but richly rewarding task of making a bjd. As I know a few doll makers that just want to pull their hair out after a while when one tiny thing goes wrong...but...it's try, try again. Definitely not for the feint of heart doll maker.
Cheers!
Teresa in California