Portrait of a BJD

Portrait of a BJD
Inmemoria 2016 LE 3

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sculpting in my Studio Again!

Well, I am finally back to work after surgery and a month or so of physical set-backs! It seems it has been months since I have picked up the clay and got back to work. First on the agenda is a new head for my new BJD (Ball Joint doll) Alice...and then on to completing her accessories. I was not fond of her head at all...so I decided..."Off with her head", and on with a new one!
I sculpted my new BJD Alice when I was very sick, enduring what seemed to be daily gall-bladder attacks. It was getting near time to leave for the ODACA convention in Chicago, and my new BJD I had been sculpting for over a month needed a head...so, a very "pained expressioned Alice is what came out...Lesson learned...never sculpt when you are sick...your emotions definately show through in your work! I will post pictures of the new and improved Alice as I go along!
It is such a relief to finally be back in my studio and at work again! Another news brief from my studio...I have a brand new line of large BJDs waiting to debut. I have been working on these new BJDs for over a year now and had to put them aside as I went through the ODACA membership process and then of course gall bladder surgery. They are very large 20 to 30 inches! They will be quite different than any of my other dolls, but this is the new direction I am pursuing with my work. I hope you all enjoy the new direction my work is taking me. I still will be making my miniature sculpts and cabinet size polymer dolls for my collectors out there...no worries about that! But, as a former tailor, I have been dieing to get my costume design techniques out and making a line of dolls that can change costumes easily like BJDs do! Stay tuned...there will be alot of new dolls coming out of my studio soon! Until we talk again!--Kori

No comments: