Portrait of a BJD

Portrait of a BJD
Inmemoria 2016 LE 3

Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Face for Alice!...and News from my Studio




Alice's new face for my polymer BJD is finished! If you remember from past posts, I was not happy with the first head I made for Alice...I was sick at the time with gall bladder attacks before my trip to Chicago and needed a quick head to finish the BJD I was working on. The first head I made for Alice looked "pained" and not like my work at all...so I said "OFF WITH HER HEAD!"...and made a new one. So, Alice is done except for her shoes... I will be making her high top boots and then she will be finished!
Also on Friday, I finished an interview for DOLLS magazine, which will appear in the December issue of the magazine. This will be my first appearance in DOLLS magazine, so I am very excited to be published in it! Alice will also make her appearance in the magazine.
I can't wait to get back to my large Gofun BJD's... It will be great to get back to work on these, as it really is my new passion! I am anxious to debut them finally, work was put off for about a year now because of work done in anticiapation for ODACA membership....so I am excited to get back to it! I plan on debuting my new line of dolls at the IDEX show in January. I will post some wip pics here and there to show the progress...
That is about all I have to say this beautiful Sunday morning...It is starting to feel like fall and I am embracing the new season...and the cooler temperatures! Happy Weekend Everyone! Until next time!!--Kori

No comments: