Portrait of a BJD

Portrait of a BJD
Inmemoria 2016 LE 3

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Finishing my new BJD!

I just wanted to share with everyone my latest BJD. She is 20 inches and is made of stone clay and gofun. (Gofun is an oyster shell paste, commonly used on traditional Japanese dolls). She is going to be "Alice" when finished. She was quite the undertaking and took me most of last year to finish sculpting her. I am very pleased with how she is turning out. Because she is such a special piece I am taking extra care in her finishing techniques and I am teaching myself how to hand tie a wig for her. I will post more work in progress pictures in the days (and weeks, I am sure) to come. Stay tuned ;)





1 comment:

Ron said...

She's gorgeous Kori.
Really like the finish.
Can't wait to see more!